Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A letter to my two-year-old daughter

Dear Lexi,

I don't really know where to start. I am in shock that my tiny little 6 pound 4 oz baby is now a running, laughing, talking little two-year-old. I would try to explain the love that your daddy and I have for you, but I'm not sure you would truly understand it. No one understands a parent's love until they have a tiny baby of their own placed in their hands. It is truly unique and special, definitely something only God could be responsible for. We are SO very blessed to call you our daughter.

These two years have FLOWN by. They have been filled with so much joy, laughter, smiles, yogurt melts, strawberries, and love. We truly do fall more and more in love with you each day, and when you are asleep, we find ourselves talking about you, and
missing you.

So many people love you Lexi, for good reason too. I get several calls and texts from family used to seeing you often when they go out of town. They 'need' pictures or videos of Lexi to get their fix for that day. You are a constant source of laughter and entertainment for your daddy and me. I am finding this letter difficult to write because a love this strong truly cannot be described.


I'm learning that I won't always be able to rescue you from every scraped knee, or heartbreak. One day, my  kisses will no longer make it 'all better.' It isn't easy to step back and watch you explore the world on your own, but I'm confident you will do just fine. You already stick up for yourself when placed in a situation that calls for you to do so. You also do a swell job at critically thinking your way through day-to-day tasks. I am amazed at how your little brain works. I could only wish for the memory that you have.

The main purpose for this letter is to say thank you. Thank you Lexi for teaching me to be a mom. Thank you for teaching me the true meaning of joy, innocence, and faith. I pray that you will grow up to know this kind of love, and that you will understand just how much you are loved. I pray you will choose a path that is designed for you, and not the path that others are following. I pray you will see your inner beauty, and hold onto it despite what others try to tell you. This world is a tough world we live in, but I promise you that as long as you keep God at the center of your life, everything else is small and WILL fall into place just the way it is supposed to.

I am SO ecstatic that you are my daughter. I have never met anyone quite like you, and have to thank God each time I think of you. You are the best baby girl, big sister, and friend anyone could wish for.

Thank you Lexi, and Happy Birthday sweet pumpkin!

We love you to the moon and back!

XOXO,
Mama & Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment