Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Lexi-23 Months (April 23)

Lexi--

I figured I better hurry and get this post published before you turned two in a couple of days. Words truly cannot express how bittersweet it is to have an almost two-year-old. I feel like the age two means we are officially graduating from the baby stage, and I just CANNOT accept that. I won't. Nope. You will ALWAYS be my baby.

Now that we've got that cleared up, let's catch up on what you're up to these days...

We were at Target (of course) and you looked at a rack of baby clothes and said, "These are cute!" I died. Your daddy's look on his face said it all. He knows he's in trouble with two girls who love to shop. ; -)

You were watching Dora at Nana's house one morning and she accidentally changed the channel. You looked at her and said, "Oh no, Nana, what happened?" Cutest thing ever.

We went into TJ Maxx and you said, "Mama, I don't see any toys." So of course your Nana takes you to pick out whatever you want. What do you think it was? Another baby doll. That brings the count up to 564. Spoiled rotten.

You love to color in your Minnie Mouse coloring book that Ashley and the twins gave you. You lay on your tummy when you do so.

You recite some lines from your favorite movies. "Poor Nana."-Peter Pan

When Kason's feet kick you if we are all cuddled up on the bed or couch, you say, "Excuse you Kason!"

You ask, "Where's Dada? Where's Dada? My Dada!"

We curl up under blankets together, and you say, "Mama, cozy!"

You ask Cody for his smoothie when you see him with one.

If you don't like something, you're sure to tell us! "No, I don't like that."

A lady handed you a sucker at the bank...not something I give you. Now you tell me you want to go to the bank to get a sucker.

"Swing me."

You weren't a fan of the Easter bunny, and said, "No God, I don't like the Easter bunny."

In your highest pitched voice, "Kason, I miss you! I haven't seen you all day!" This happens when he wakes up from naps.

"Dada, tuck me in?"

"Mama, no Easter bunny? Easter bunny bye bye? Mama, no bears?"

While reading a new library book, "Mama! Ariel's aked! (naked) Dada buy Ariel clothes. Ariel, get dressed!"

"Kason, Lolo asleep. Shh...."

"Mama, bear go potty in just a minute."

"That's gross."

"Can I play with this?"

"Lolo needs Coco."

While riding in the car, and laying down at night,  "Wheels on the bus go round and round, all day wong!

"I coming!"

You went with me to get my hair trimmed and sat on my lap like a champ. Afterwards, you said, "Mama, Toni made a mess mama's haircut!"

You LOOOOOVE the pink baby Nana let you pick at TJ Maxx. You even wake up at 3 am looking for it.

Lolo sneezed, and you said, "Bless you Lolo, bless you! Lolo, you need a tissue?"

While playing in the living room while Daddy watched golf, he yelled out, "Yes! He won the masters!" You repeated this line over and over! haha

"Shannon, where are you??" Thank you family for teaching my name to you. Oh dear.

"Kason, I miss you."

"Dora give slider cookies. CoCo likes cookies."

Whew! I'm sure you've said many other funny and cute things, but this is what I have for now. You still love to learn. You know all colors, and can sort them with 100% accuracy, no help. You count to 15, but skip 4. You count to 10 in Spanish, skipping some numbers.

We are just so blessed by you every day, and know that there are only many more fun times to come! Thank you for lighting up our lives in a way that only you could do. You are a true gift, and we cherish every second with you.






Love you to the moon and back sweet pumpkin,

XOXO
Mommy, Daddy, & Kason


No comments:

Post a Comment