Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Recap of Disney! 2012

I realize I never blogged about Disney the first time I went soooo I'll do a quick recap of that trip, and then follow up with our second trip. When Lexi was just a little over a year old, we decided to make our first Disney trip as a family. Keith, Lexi, my mom, and I put this trip together quickly, but were pretty excited about it! This would be Keith and Lexi's FIRST Disney trip!

We didn't have a lot of time to spend here (residency schedule & residency budget), so I knew I needed to choose two parks wisely. We chose Magic Kingdom (I mean, how could you not?) and Epcot. Our resort? The Wilderness Lodge...love it! This was where my family had stayed when they visited for their marathon so we had good reviews to go off of.  :)

Our first day we just spent the evening at Downtown Disney. This just consisted of us browsing through the shops and grabbing some ice cream. Our most took picture this day was of Lexi falling asleep in her stroller. She was exhausted! Clearly, my child is not one to fall asleep just anywhere. The next day, we got up bright and early to eat breakfast and head to the happiest place on earth. I cannot say enough about Magic Kingdom. I love love love it!! If I could live there, I would. The first thing we did was run and get in line for Space Mountain. My mom was gracious enough to watch Lexi while Keith and I did this. Unfortunately, Keith and I had no clue what a fast pass was, or even how to use them so we skipped these this trip. We loved Space Mountain!























After Space Mountain, we did all of the fun kid stuff with Lexi...It's a Small World (my fav), Magic Carpets, main street parade, main street shopping (got some cute ornaments in a Christmas shop for lexi & Lo), and then Keith and I also did the Stitch experience. That's always a lot of fun. We had reservations for lunch, but it wasn't anything special.

I will say that we did not pick a great time to go to Disney. It was hot! I'll definitely keep this in mind for next time. The good thing about the heat though was getting to enjoy the pool in the evenings at the resort. Wilderness Lodge has a fun pool with a unique slide, and Lexi loved the water! The next morning, we were up bright and early again to head to Epcot! Epcot is such a fun park because of all of the diverse foods, shops, and rides. I don't find it as kid-friendly as Magic Kingdom (of course), but it's still a great park to visit.

We rode the look into the future ride, Finding Nemo, and stood in line (for a loooong time) for the Mickey characters (so worth it!! ). Lexi actually slept the entire time we were in line so it worked out perfectly. We had no idea how she would react to the characters, but she loved all of them! It was adorable!! Again, worth the wait! We hung out at the pool again that night, and then packed up to go home the next morning! :( Until next time, Disney....

No comments:

Post a Comment